I decided over the weekend to have a tidy up of my crafting area – it looks lovely and neat and tidy now; however, I am making a hell of a mess trying to find the things that I have so neatly boxed up.
So…here I am; after stating categorically I would not buy any further crafting supplies until after the next pay day, this beautiful stamp set by DaliART fell into my shopping basket the other day and arrived in the post this morning. I bought it primarily for the rose, as it is a nice generous size (about 4cm in diameter) and has a simple, non-fussy outline.
Hmm, now…if you were a Perfect Medium Ink Pad – where would you be hiding?
The Crafty Stash:
A4 sheet of Kraft card
A4 sheet of white card
Decorative teal dotty distressed paper; Crafty Sensations (brought from The Range)
Pinflair Glue Gel
Perfect Medium ink pad; Ranger
Gold embossing powder; Papermania
“Rose Layering” stamp set from DaliART
“Must Have Retro Words” stamp set; Woodware
Dotty embossing folder; Design Objectives Ltd
Circle cutting dies; X-Cut
Quickie Glue Pen
Water brush; Derwent
“Oatmeal” and “Light Blue” Zig Clean Color Pens; Kuretake
“Neptune” and “Antique Rose” Crystal Drops; Nuvo
Small scrap of teal coloured satin ribbon
How I put it all together:
Firstly, I cut a piece of Kraft card 14.8cm wide and the full length of the A4 sheet and folded it in half to make a 14.8cm card blank.
I then cut 2 pieces of the decorative teal coloured dotty paper, one measuring 14 x 14cm, which I stuck centrally to the front of the card.
The second piece I cut 14.2 x 14.2cm, which I then stuck centrally to the inside of the card to form an insert.
Using the white card stock, I cut a panel measuring 14.6 x 14.6cm. Using the largest of the circle dies (measuring 10.2cm), I cut a circle aperture from the centre of the panel. I ran the panel through my Cuttlebug with a dotty design embossing folder.
Using a Quickie glue pen, I drew a thin line around the edge of the panel and the circular aperture, adding gold embossing powder and then heat to set it. I then attached it to the front of the card with Pinflair Glue Gel, to create some dimension.
I then made the embellishments. I stamped and heat embossed 3 of the rose outline stamps and 3 of the leaf outline stamps. Using the Zig clean colour pens, I put some colour on the bases of the petals and the centre of the leaves, before using a water brush to blend the colour outwards. I used the light blue shade for the roses and the oatmeal shade for the leaves. Once the roses were dry, I realised that they were much brighter than the decorative paper on the card, so I went back in with the oatmeal pen and added some more flicks coming from the base of the petals and then blended this shade into the blue, giving a more vintage shade.
To make the sentiment tag, I cut a piece of the white card stock to a 6 x 4cm rectangle. I then trimmed the 2 corners at one end, before stamping and heat embossing the “thank you” sentiment and then also edging the tag with gold embossing powder, to match the main aperture of the card. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the top, added a white eyelet and threaded a small scrap of teal coloured satin ribbon from my stash. To finish it off, I added a few drops of Nuvo crystal drops, to tie in with the colour scheme of the card.
Finally, I put the piece together using Pinflair glue gel to raise the elements off the card and create a 3D effect with more layers.